Pages

Saturday 20 September 2014

Staycation In Brighton

So I decided to go on a last minute holiday with my brother seeing as I haven't had one in 5 years and he hasn't in 3 years. I chose Brighton mostly because I wanted to see the sea (after 5 years I just wanted to check that it was still there...it is) but also because Brighton is a beautiful city full of fun things to do.

So the weather was stunning, sunshine from the minute we got there to the minute we left, which resulted in some impressive and rather lopsided sunburn for me. We spent hours on the beach but next time I'm going somewhere with sandy beaches soooo much easier to walk on.

(you can see the pier at the back, we spent hours over there)

The only problems with the beach (or any beach actually) was the seagulls. there were thousands of them some friendly and some rather imposing looking ones. 

(This was actually the first picture I took when I got there)


                 (and this was after someone threw a bucket of food out on  the beach for them)

We did some fun things (some of which deserve their own blog, Like the sand sculpture festival at Blackrock, the sea life center and some of the amazing graffiti that I saw).  but what I will warn you all about is how easy it is to waste a whole tonne of money on the pier. the penny arcades are so addictive but I did win 100 tickets for the prize booth!


And that won a pack of playing cards and a bubble sword...what a win :p. that has to be the most expensive pack of cards I've bought since I spent about £10 of 2 pence pieces on the penny arcade.
And I won a minion on tin can alley :D

 (well this isn't where I won my minion from but my brother had a go on this, It looked super fun!)

             (I couldn't resist getting this photo, but the sea air does not agree with my hair o.0 )

It was a great holiday, everyone seems happy, the weather (my god the weather!!)  and cider on the beach every night was the icing on the cake. so brace yourself, more holiday posts are on their way!


No comments:

Post a Comment